Save The Red Lion Campaign Patrons

  • Sidbury Community Enterprises' community share offer launched to buy the Red Lion
  • Save The Red Lion Campaign Patrons - Rt Hon Hugo Swire MP & The Reverend Susie Williams
  • Campaign's company - Sidbury Community Enterprises - has made an offer to buy the Red Lion
  • East Devon District Council has listed the Red Lion pub as an Asset of Community Value - a significant Campaign milestone

Tuesday 17 September 2013

A Message Of Thanks

Obtaining the listing of the Red Lion as an Asset of the Community came about in part thanks to the support for the Campaign received from local Devon County & East Devon County Councillors. In particular the Campaign expresses thanks to DCC Clr Claire Wright, who is also an EDDC Councillor, as well as to EDDC Councillors Chris Wale, Roger Giles & Andrew Moulding.

Over recent months these Councillors have said of the Campaign –

DCC & EDDC Clr Claire Wright
I am writing to support the application by the Save The Red Lion Campaign group to register the Red Lion, Sidbury, as an Asset of Community Value, so that the community might have the opportunity to purchase it.  The Red Lion pub is the only pub in Sidbury and there is a huge groundswell of support to retain it. Although I am not the Sidbury EDDC ward member, Sidbury is in my county ward, and I am very supportive of the aims of the campaign group, which is working really hard and doing a brilliant job.

EDDC Clr Chris Wale
As the Rural ward member for EDDC you will/should be aware that I am fully behind your initiative and back you campaign in that the I see the Red Lion nothing other that an "Asset of Community Value" and will duly support this application.

EDDC Clr Roger Giles
I am very pleased to write to you in support of retaining the Red Lion in Sidbury, as I have been asked to do. I strongly support the campaign to list it as an “Asset of Community Value”. I write as an EDDC Councillor for Ottery Town – a nearby ward. I was, until May, the Devon County Councillor for Sidbury and do understand just how important the Red Lion is as a community facility in Sidbury.
To lose the only pub in Sidbury would be a devastating blow. I hope very much that EDDC will do everything it can to ensure the future of the Red Lion as a pub and vital hub of the community. I understand that Cllr Claire Wright, my successor as DCC Cllr for Sidbury, is supporting the campaign. I trust that Cllr Chris Wale EDDC member for Sidbury is doing likewise.

EDDC Clr Andrew Moulding
I have great sympathy with your campaign - I live in the village of Musbury and it would be devastating for the village if we lost the pub. I am sure you are doing the right thing with regard to your application to register the Red Lion as an "Asset of Community Value".

Thanks for their support & encouragement also are extended to our two Campaign Patrons, the Reverend Susie Williams and our local MP Hugo Swire. There are also many other local Campaign Supporters whose support has been invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment